- Developed / introduced and disseminated seed and nursery fruit plants of improved high yielding varieties with greater income potential, varying maturity, resistance to disease-insects and tolerance to stress conditions.
- Produced pre-basic and basic seed, rootstock and bud wood for further multiplication by registered seed growers and nurserymen.
- Developed appropriate post-production techniques for fruits and vegetables preservation. Designed home scale and commercial solar driers for Persimmon drying.
- Also developed technology for Oyster mushroom production and home scale processing of Soybeans.
Read more: Achievements
- Research activities in district Swat were initiated during mid sixties by researchers from Agricultural Research Institute, Tarnab.
- Research sub-Station was created in 1975 and upgraded to Research Station in 1980 and then to Research Institute in 2007.
- Today it is a multidisciplinary institute, consisting of 8 sections/ Units, having a total area of 35 acres. In addition, it has a Summer Station in Kalam on an area of 5 acres.
Read more: Introduction